Away from the pistes in Rauris
Active recovery in the Hohe Tauern National Park
- Leisurely winter hikes or winter strolls. We are happy to provide you with tips regarding lovely routes
- Wonderful signposted snow-shoe hikes through the natural surroundings in Rauris. Snow-shoe hire here with us in the hotel
- 30 km tracked cross-country trails for classic skiers and skaters. Free Wanderbus with your Rauris guest card
- Fun tobogganing at the Kreuzboden during the day and a few evenings too. Toboggan hire at Kreuzbodenhütte
- Ski tours to the summits in Rauris – right on the pistes, with signposted routes or in the terrain
- Ice climbing in Kolm Saigurn with instruction provided, and equipment hire available at Naturfreundehaus
- Romantic horse-drawn carriage rides through Rauris and Bucheben, provided by Gasthof Platzwirt and Nigglgut
- Relax in TAUERN SPA Kaprun or in the other spas close by
Whether it is winter hiking, cross-country skiing, heading out on ski tours or enjoying other activities – we are happy to plan out a wonderful day for you in Raurisertal!
And remember – turn your holiday into a culinary adventure! Sample regional delights and treats in the cosy inns. That is what makes a winter holiday in Raurisertal in Austria.
Free snow-shoe hire in the hotel
TAUERN SPA Kaprun - Zell am See
Relax, put your feet up, enjoy fitness, sport and have fun. Tauern Spa in Kaprun provides all that. On an area spanning some 48,000 square metres, there is something to suit everyone's spa needs.
- Area of water spanning more than 20,000m2 - indoors and outdoors. Activity pool with counter-current channel, relaxation pool with grotto, high pool with water cascade, salt water relaxation pool and 25 metre sports pool
- Sauna and well-being area with Finnish sauna, oven sauna, herbal sauna, Bio saunas, salt water laconium and aromatherapy steam baths in the indoor and outdoor area
- Textile sauna area for guests in bathing attire
- Children's SPA Kidstein with 127 m slide, children's pool with wide flume slide, baby pool, play stream, play area, climbing wall, volleyball pitch, multi-media and creative room, entertainment, child supervision for those aged 3 and over
- High quality SPA treatments in Alpin-Vital-SPA & cosmetics, focussing on the region
- Panorama fitness area with state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment
- Cuisine in the spa restaurant "Genussallee", sauna bistro "Heißkalt" and drinks in the umbrella bar "Kitzblick" outside
- Views to the Kitzsteinhorn, the Schmittenhöhe and the Maiskogel
As a Birkenhof guest you get 10% discount on your spa entry
In neighbouring Gasteinertal too there are wonderful spas to relax in and enjoy. Gastein's thermal water is also known as the "liquid gold of the Hohe Tauern" and is particularly popular due to its health-giving properties.
- Relax World with indoor and outdoor pools
- Family World with indoor and outdoor pools, children's area, multimedia dome and water slide
- Sauna world with saunas and pool indoors and outdoors
- Ladies World with sauna, steam bath, relaxation zones and beauty
- Culinary delights in the self-service restaurant "Gusto World"
- Relaxing spa with lovely water temperatures and relaxation loungers
- Experience spa with counter-current pools, waterfall, infant's pool, water slide and much more
- Outdoor spa with relaxation pool and sports pool
- Sauna area with views to the Hohe Tauern